Snow White (AKA Sarah Palin) is a total unknown in national U.S. politics. So, for my continental friends who are wondering who she is, I am enclosing a blog from a fellow Alaskan that may answer some of your questions. Click here. Thanks Mudflats.
[UPDATE: Here is the list of duties that Snow White had to do while being mayor of Wasilla, Alaska:
“1. Preside at council meetings. The mayor may take part in the discussion of matters before the council, but may not vote, except that the mayor may vote in the case of a tie;
2. Act as ceremonial head of the city;
3. Sign documents on behalf of the city;
4. Appoint, suspend or remove city employees and administrative officials, except as otherwise provided;
5. Supervise the enforcement of city law and carry out the directives of the city council;
6. Prepare and submit an annual budget and capital improvement program for consideration by the council, and execute the budget and capital program as adopted;
7. Make monthly financial reports and other reports on city finances and operations as required by the council;
8. Exercise legal custody over all real and personal property of the city;
9. Perform other duties required by law or by the council; and
10. Serve as personnel officer, unless the council authorizes the mayor to appoint a personnel officer.”]
HUH, maybe she can be vice president. But, president?